The good news:
One characteristic of longevity is (quote) "...keen interest in current
events..."  This is from a study done by my grandfather, one of the
founders of psychiatry in the US, Dr. Stephen P. Jewett.
His studies are now being quoted by new age writer Deepak Chopra.
The links are funny on this, tested and did not work.
But if you google <"Deekpak Chopra" and Jewett> it comes up first.