March 18, 2010 by YES! Magazine

The Growing Movement for Publicly Owned Banks

We the people have given away our sovereign money-creating power to private,
for-profit lending institutions, which have used it to siphon wealth from
the productive economy. Some states are moving to take that power back.
by Ellen Brown

"Hundreds of job-creating projects are still on hold because Michigan
businesses and entrepreneurs cannot get bank financing. We can break the
credit crunch and beat Wall Street at their own game by keeping our money
right here in Michigan and investing it to retool our economy and create
jobs."
--Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero in The Detroit News March 9, 2010

Full Article:
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/03/18-7#comment-1455218