Shanley recovered memory case
_http://ritualabuse.us/research/memory-fms/shanley-recovered-memory-case/_
(http://ritualabuse.us/research/memory-fms/shanley-recovered-memory-case/)

The Trial of Benedict XVI By Jeff Israely and Howard Chua-Eoan Thursday,
May. 27, 2010
How do you atone for something terrible, like the  Inquisition?....When his
turn came, Ratzinger, the church's premier theologian,  intoned a short
prayer that said "that even men of the church, in the name of  faith and
morals, have sometimes used methods not in keeping with the Gospel in  the
solemn
duty of defending the truth."....

"He grabbed me, tickling and  wrestling like I did with my dad, and I
thought at first it was fun," McDaid,  who grew up in Salem, Mass., says of a
parish priest. "But then something  changed ... He started grabbing my
genitals. I felt him rubbing against me from  behind ... I was so scared. I
knew
this was so wrong. I looked out the window. I  started praying." That would
happen again and again over three years. McDaid's  devout mother was delighted
whenever the priest arrived to pick up her son, just  11 when the abuse
started, to join other boys on trips to the beach. But,  recalls McDaid, now
54,
"the last boy out of the car was the one who would get  molested." He
finally spoke to his dad, who then took him to a priest from the  next town to
report what had happened. "We waited for months. Then there was a  rotation of
priests. He left, but they made it look like a natural progression.  They
celebrated him with cake and ice cream." The boy was left in silence and
with his secret shame. The priest, Father Joseph Birmingham, went on to abuse
boys in three other parishes in the Boston area before he died in 1989.
_http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1992171,00.html_
(http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1992171,00.html)

Germany: 205 claims of abuse at Jesuit schools
AP Thu May  27, 2010 MUNICH – A special investigator says in her final
report that at least  205 former students claim to have been sexually or
otherwise abused in Jesuit  schools in Germany. Investigator Ursula Raue said
Thursday she thinks the number  is even higher, as "we cannot expect to have
heard everything yet." She said 46  Jesuits and non-clerical staff at the
schools have been accused of abuse or of  knowing of such crimes without acting.
_http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100527/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_church_abuse_
(http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100527/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_church_abuse)

also at
_http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/world/story/7677958/_