Hi guys,

Well, it's been a while but I've just had another example of this happen.

This time it was on a snv_106 build, and the time is synchronised
perfectly with the domain (I have ntpdate running as a cron job every
5 minutes, and checked it manually when this happened).

I had just moved a whole bunch of files using cut & paste in windows
explorer.  When the move operation finished, the original folder was
still visible until I hit F5 to manually refresh the display.

I had two explorer windows open at the time.  The new files had all
appeared in the second window, but the main folder I was moving had
not been removed from the other window.

I've never seen explorer need refreshing from a windows server, and it
even works fine in Solaris the majority of the time, but there's
definitely an intermittent bug of some kind affecting the file change
notifications.

In fact, now I'm writing this, if I leave these two folders open, I'm
getting problems with file change notification in one, but the other
works perfectly.

In the window with problems, if I right-click to create a new folder,
I get exactly the same effect as before - nothing appears.  After I
hit F5, I can see the folder and rename it, but the rename doesn't
show up either until I hit F5 again.

However, in the second window, creating new folders works perfectly.

I get the same effect moving files.  They appear automatically in one
window, but don't disappear from the other.

If I close the first window down, and open a new explorer window to
the same location, it works perfectly in both windows.

So whatever this is, it's intermittent in how it starts, but
persistent once the problem has occurred, and it's specific to an
individual instance of windows explorer.

Ross