Hi,
I installed the smb server on snv_111b and tried to start the service
svcadm enable -r smb/server

When I checked it was stuck in maintenance mode
svcs smb/server
STATE          STIME    FMRI
maintenance    11:54:54 svc:/network/smb/server:default

I looked around and found couple of blogs stating that I need to reboot the
server to get it in "enable" state. My question is, is this true? If so, what
is the reasoning behind needing to reboot the server to start a service?  If
this is not true, how do I enable it without rebooting the server?