Howdy,

I read the post enabling guest access on a Solaris CIFS share.
http://blogs.sun.com/afshinsa/entry/how_to_enable_guest_access

Anyone know of plans to make this easier in fishworks? I don't see
anything relevant in the BUI.

I'm assuming the relevant patches from snv_118 have made it in
2009.09.01.3.0,1-1.8

I created a file system "play" in project "eng" and enabled cifs. I
then ssh'd into the console and executed:

$ sharemgr set -P smb -p guestok=true -r play default
$ zfs set sharesmb=name=play,guestok=true pool-0/local/eng/play
$ idmap add winname:Guest unixuser:nobody

>From a linux client, mounting with the following command fails (with
perm denied), though it works if I use -ousername=root,password=xxx.

sudo mount -t cifs -oguest,sec=none $S /mnt/play

And editing the file system from the BUI now fails with:

Additional native members:
   faultCode: 251
   faultString: cannot share 'pool-0/local/eng/play': smb add share failed
   coStack: coXmlrpcProxy.unmarshallDoc(doc:<object> "[object
XMLDocument]", xml:"<methodResponse><fault>

Thanks,
Eli