The ACL dosen't change before or after the error. Example below.

$ pfexec /usr/bin/ls -lVd /pstaff/home/inmh3
d---------+ 64 root     root         131 Aug 12 14:52 /pstaff/home/inmh3
              user:root:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow
             user:inmh3:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow

The ownerships don't change either,  it's simply that I've discovered by trial
and error that if I reapply the ownership - even though they haven't changed in
between - it 'fixes' the profile error.

Case in point is this user inmh3. Logs out of Citrix and a couple of hours
latter tries to log back in. Gets this profile error but access to his personal
file space is fine i.e. no ownership or ACL issues; even to the TSProfile
directory itself. We reset the ownership of all the files in the TSProfile
directory and straight away when he logs in there are no profile errors.