Hello everyone. I have a couple of CIFS shares on a OpenSolaris svn_134 filer
joined to an older Windows 2000 (yes, not 2k3, 2000) Domain.

The issue that I am having is with Windows Group ACLs being applied to a
folder. It's working for a short time, but overnight it seems to "forget" its
ACL and it has to be reapplied.

Lets say that I have group1 with some users. There is a folder (folder1) with
just group1 in the ACL, applied and viewable from the windows security tab.
There is an application that has a shortcut on the users' desktops. This
application's binary is actually in folder1. folder1 is under a mapped drive
and is in the %PATH% of all of the users.

When the users try to start the application, it claims that it cannot find a
dll which is in folder1. The users can browse into the folder; they can see the
actual dll in explorer; the group IS still in the ACL according to the security
tab AND ls -dv, but the application can't seem to get through. That is, until I
remove and re-add group1 into the ACL for the folder (which is allowing
inheritance).

This behavior "fixes" the application; it will run and function properly, but
only until the next day, at which time I have to repeat the removal and
addition of the group into the ACL.

It might be something that I have configured incorrectly, but it's a fairly
by-the-book AD-integrated installation. Is there anything that you can think of
that might cause this behavior or is there any way (other than adding *.debug
to syslog.conf and tail -f /var/adm/messages) that you guys could tell me to
help troubleshoot? Thanks in advance.