I am setting up a home NAS server running snv_151a.  I have a zfs filesystem
full of MP3 files that I want to share with various WIndows PCs on my home
network. I have enabled the CIFS server and shared my filesystem.  Windows
clients can mount the filesystem, but seem to have trouble reading some
files/directories within it.

I think the issue may be files and/or directories whose names contain
characters that Windows doesn't consider valid but are perfectly legal in
Solaris.  For example, some files have a question mark in the name and the
Windows clients don't seem to like that.  Others that seem to be problematic
are parentheses, ampersands, and trailing dots (like "R.E.M.").

Does anybody have suggestions on how to deal with this?  Is there a way to make
the Solaris CIFS server map or translate characters that Windows doesn't like?
Or is there simply no choice but to re-name the files/directories in question?
Anybody have a definitive list of characters that Windows does/doesn't accept
in a file and/or directory name?

Thanks,
Chuck