There is a good chance that you're running into this problem:

6996574 smbd intermittently hangs

This was fixed in snv_156.

Afshin

On 02/10/11 06:57 AM, Marcis Lielturks wrote:
Hi!

We have some trouble with CIFS. Two servers (n20 and n30), both configured the same way and
running Solaris 11 Express snv_151a. From time to time CIFS service on n20 locks up, becomes
unresponsive and impossible to restart, even "kill -9<pid_of_smbd>" can't kill
it. Only system reboot helps to solve the problem.

Servers had deduplication turned on ZFS datasets for some time and on n20 it
was only recently turned off and still contains deduped data. Servers
periodically create and rotate ZFS snapshots on shared filesystems. We cant get
any definite evidence on what is causing the trouble. Can somebody advise on
how to debug this? We can provide more information if necessary or even
organize remote access if there is interest in it.

Thanks!