http://www.thejakartapost.com/detailgeneral.asp?fileid=20070516134507&irec=1

7,000 RI students win scholarship to U.S.

JAKARTA (Antara): As many as 7,000 Indonesian vocational school students who
successfully passed English test will go to Unites States to learn more about
cooperatives, an official said.

"We have given international-standard vocational school students across the
country a chance of taking part in English test and found that 7,000 of them
passed the test," National Education Ministry's director for vocational
education Joko Sutrisno said Wednesday.

The scholarship was mainly allocated to vocational school students who studied
information and technology as well as hotel service and came from provinces
that were frequently visited by investors and foreign tourists like Jakarta,
Denpasar, Medan, Makassar, Yogyakarta and Surabaya among other cities.

"We promoted potentials of the 7,000 students to some concerned instances. The
Cooperatives and Small Medium Enterprises Ministry has responded to the offer
by providing them with the scholarship to the U.S.," Joko said.(*

Kirim email ke