http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au:80/news/national/muslims-fly-our-flag-in-indonesia/2007/10/27/1192941404000.html

Muslims fly our flag in Indonesia
Taghred Chandab | October 28, 2007

EIGHT senior Muslim leaders from Australia will visit remote parts of Indonesia
this week on a taxpayer-funded image-boosting mission.

The delegates - Dr Ameer Ali, Shafiq Khan, Dr Amin Hady, Sheik Sabri Samson,
Tom Zreika, Ikebal Patel, Jamila Hussain and Faiza El-Higzi - spent last week
in Malaysia, where many locals see Australians as racist and intolerant.

"Some people, even the legislators, feel that Australia is an anti-Muslim
country because of our link to the US and UK," said Mr Zreika, the president of
the Lebanese Muslim Association.

The Cronulla riots and a public debate over banning the hijab had worsened the
problem.

Mr Zreika said Malaysians were "all very surprised by how good life is as a
Muslim in Australia".

"They are even more shocked to hear we receive so much assistance from the very
Government that is perceived to be oppressing Muslims."

Source: The Sun-Herald