Regarding memory leaks:
    1. Re:  Complete system hangs (likely out of memory)
       (Stefan de Konink)
    2. Re:  Complete system hangs (likely out of memory)
       (Stefan de Konink)
    3. Re:  Complete system hangs (likely out of memory)
       (Andrew Randrianasulu)
The following tool has been instrumental in finding memory leaks and/or peaks of usage in a large graphically intensive program that I have helped another developer with from time to time.

https://apps.kde.org/heaptrack/
https://github.com/KDE/heaptrack

It comes with text and GUI analyzer tools to allow you to see which functions allocate/release/leak memory during the run of a program and it does not slow down the execution nearly as much as valgrind. It uses a replacement version of malloc and the LD_PRELOAD option to redirect system calls into its own instrumented versions of memory related system calls.  Originally written by Millan Wolff in Berlin, it has now become a part of the KDE development environment but it does not require you to run a full KDE desktop. I run in with XFCE on Fedora 36 without any problems.

Richard Nolde