It looks like SVT automatically sets gop (Group of Pictures) and inserts
Keyframes in looking at Terje's output line:
   "Svt[info]: SVT [config]: gop size / mini-gop size / key-frame type
        : 161 / 16 / key frame"
and I get the same type of results that he did.

But I also get a warning, which I hope is innocuous; should be or else it
would have been "error" instead of "warn"!
   "Svt[warn]: Failed to set thread priority: Invalid argument"

Now I have also tried to render the same input file using the (4.3x faster)