Thanks everyone,

I found the culprit... ME !!!!!! =(

I tried, tried, tried, everything, and then... I discovered I defined
the frame-rate of my PAL video as 29.97 fps, NOT 25 fps !!!
Shame on me... Even if unusual formats where available as presets in the
"Set Format" window, "Normal PAL" wasn't there.  I wasn't aware of the
PAL fps.

Now the video plays perfectly on my DVD player. The picture quality is
very good, and the A/V streams are perfectly synced.

For people looking at the archives of this mailing-list, who would like
to produce a PAL DVD from Cinelerra, here is what I did :
- set 720x576 at 25 fps in the format window (erm, erm...)
- use "Bottom Fields First" as the Interlace mode if you use DV input
- do not deinterlace the video and don't interlace still pictures from
  Cinelerra
- render audio as "AC3", 192kbits bitrate (output file :
  test.ac3)
- render video as "YUV4MPEG Stream" (output file: test.yuv). Check "Use
  pipe" in the video options window
- type in, as the pipe command :  ~/cine_render.sh %
- ~/cine_render.sh contents :
#/bin/bash
/usr/local/bin/y4munsharp |
/usr/local/bin/yuvmedianfilter -T 3 -t 0 | /usr/local/bin/mpeg2enc -v 0
-r 32 -4 1 -2 1 -I 1 -B 192 -b 7500 -f 8 -o $1
- mplex sound and video together :
  mplex test.ac3 test.m2v -f 8 -o test.mpeg

And you get an mpeg file ready to use with dvdauthor.
I used Cienlerra CVS and mjpegtools 1.8.0

I still got a question... Do you confirm I must also set
"Bottom Fields First" in each media file, since it's already set
in the project? In each media file properties it is possible to define
the "Asset's interlacing". But there is also a checkbox "Fix
interlacing: Automatically Fix interlacing" ?!

Do not hesitate to correct any mistake I did in this message. Perhaps
there are some options to change.

I really want to thank you all of you for your help.

Nicolas.