I did this recently - but had to export as some other format (can't remember what I used) and then used ffmpeg to encode with a very recent version of the h.264 codec that I built for it.

I found it quite hard to find a way to export something out of cinelerra without it crashing that would be understood by ffmpeg.

The compression level seemed pretty good to me, compared to mpeg2 and the original horrendous quitcktime .mov file.

Cheers,

Tim

On 14/02/06, Herman Robak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 02:03:06 +0100, mark stavar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was just wondering, with the release Cinelerra 2.0, is anyone trying to
> make use of the H.264 codec?  Or if people have any other thoughts or
> experiences on the matter.

  I tried once to render a short HD recording (HDV) into h.264,
and was quite disappointed.  It took a long time, the resulting
file was ridiculously big (much larger than the original MPEG2)
and it did not play properly.

--
Herman Robak