This may not be what you're seeing, but I found that if cinelerra had to
resample one or more of my audio tracks on-the-fly (because their sampling
rates didn't match each other or match the project audio sampling rate),
it took too much CPU time and caused "jerky" playback.  Does your video
play smooth if you turn off audio playback?

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006, Nicolas wrote:

>Hello,
>
>In order to edit a footage I shot on today, I have to cut some parts of that
>video. I preview the video in the compositor window.
>
>I've noticed the video plays smoothly for approximately 1 second and
>then it's jerky for a few frames. That's almost as if there was a drop
>on my video. The interval happens regularly. There's no problem at all
>on my material (I checked on the DV files).
>
>The material is PAL progressive (not interlaced ) 720x576 DV, bottom
>field first and 25fps. That's what is set in the format window. The
>framerate achieved is 19.43 fps.
>
>Do you know what causes that problem? Is it a bug? I understand my
>computer can't play the video at the "normal" fps (25), but is there no
>way to preview the video without those annoying drops?
>
>Thanks.
>Nicolas.

Dan Streetman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]