Pierre Marc Dumuid wrote:
Anyone have a suggestion either way? I initially thought AMD Sempron cause as I was personally curious to see how a 64 bit machine performs, but now I am actually thinking that the dual processor may be more useful?

The dual core is a quite beneficial when doing any CPU intensive encoding. Some encoders, such as mpeg2enc, are SMP aware, providing more benefit. Likewise, if you have background rendering enabled, a second core is going to give you enhanced interactive performance. Last I saw, all Pentium D's were 64 bit, so it seems like a better choice over an AMD Sempron. In either case budget for plenty of RAM since a fast CPU won't matter if you're swapping heavily.

-Brendan ([EMAIL PROTECTED])