Sylvain Jousse wrote:

Salut Tom,

population to download Cinelerra!  It's a proud moment, and I'll cherish
the honor forever.  :)
Tom
Don't sing too loud! Now you have to make it work!
And it is much harder than installing it. ;-)

Sylvain.

Sylvain: Yes, my friend. My song is very quiet at this moment. But, there's hope. I took some .jpg Gimp images, created a .gif animation, used ImageMagick to convert to mpg, used mplex to merge audio and video, then convert to mov, and it plays in MPlayer. However, I need to format mov file to view in Cinelerra. To do that, I need to run qtinfo . . . . but, alas, qtinfo reports:
qtinfo movie1.mov
quicktime_open: error in header
Couldn't open movie1.mov as a QuickTime file.

So, I must discover how to control headers (whatever those are). Or, is it possible to load other formats into cinelerra? If so, what utility would give me the info to format cinelerra properly before loading?
Tom

--
94% of returning troops suffer from trauma
Open Studios