Valentina Messeri said the following on 07/05/06 14:47:
> Quoting jim scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> If this is the -fPIC error related to the libx264 libraries, then I
>> grappled
>> with it this weekend, as well. My fix was to download the libx264 source
>> files and recompile them. Fairly painless.

Hmmm, could have sworn I tried that without any success (using the
debian source package from www.debian-multimedia.org).

> i agree ;) 2 tips:
>
> - you can try with ./configure x264 with with --extra-cflags=-fpic
> --extra-asflags=-D__PIC__
>
> - you can "when building x264, just edit the debian/rules and add
> "--enable-pic" to the second ./configure command you find in it..." a
> recent fix from andraz....
>
> btw, really you're building cinelerra in sarge? Amazing....
>
> ;))

Well... thanks next time I'll know :-).

BTW, Vale thanks for the builds at
http://giss.hackitectura.net/~vale/debian.

For what its worth, my compile fun was prompted by the start up error
message "cinelerra: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/libquicktimehv-1.6.0.so.1: undefined symbol: NeAACDecDecode"
from a previously working install of
cinelerra_1%3a2.0.0-3svn20060606_amd64.deb from your archive.  Obviously
I've updated something that's caused the problem.  Recompiling cinelerra
 got it working again.

- Ben