Dan Streetman wrote:
I've had the same problem, but my opinion is all the transitions should be also
added as effects.
To me, it makes more sense to have effects than transitions.  They do the same
thing,

Hi Dan,

...the problem is: from a technical viewpoint, they don't do the same thing,
because they are pulling video data out of two sources wheras effects
pull out of one source (the predecessor in the effects chain).
While I agree with you that it would be much more intuitive to have transitions
behave like effects this would imply a generalisation of the effects
infrastructure and there are good chances this would mean touching and adapting
every existing effect as well.....

Cheers,
Hermann