Kevin,
Good point.  It didn't occur to me that I left DV out because I have an
HDV camera and so I didn't even TRY the DV option!  That's a big "duh"
on my part.  A while back, I had produced a guide for beginners on how
to get usable content out of Cinelerra for a variety of purposes:
( http://content.serveftp.net/video/renderTest/guideToCinExport.html )

But in keeping with the beginner nature of that doc, I did not give an
exhaustive list of all the Quicktime compression schemes available.  I
felt that maybe it was time to make one.

Yours is a good idea.  I will test out and add the DV compression scheme
results.

sorry for the omission,
scott