On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 06:01:05 +0200, Scott C. Frase <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sorry guys..been out of touch with hardware problems.

I will go ahead and crop my vid to the appropriate DV size (720x576) and
render using DV compression.  I don't think this invalidates the rest of
my tests, but maybe I should find out by testing with DV resolution
output.

 Scaling instead of cropping would yield more comparable results.

Scaling 1280x720 to 720x576 with 16:9 as the project aspect ratio would
be interesting, to look out for scaling and interpolation artifacts.
I am also interested in whether Cinelerra inserts information about the
aspect ratio in the file header, and which players understand that;
check if Kino does.

--
Herman Robak