Wesley T Allen wrote:
I'm assuming this is something specific to Cinelerra since Xine has no
trouble with the same content.  I'm able to edit/mangle video, but the
addition of audio would be nice.  :)

OK, basic question...  Are there audio tracks there?
Lately I've brought up Cinerella and sometimes there's been one video track, but no audio tracks?

It seems to be a codec issue. I loaded the same video again, but this time used uncompressed PCM audio rather than mp3 audio and it works fine. So the underlying problem seems to be that Cinelerra isn't properly detecting and using the mp3 libs. Very odd since other programs on the system seem to be properly finding and linking in the relevant libs.