On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Nicolas wrote:
> Well, you're lucky. Because on my system, if I launch a CPU consuming
> task, the burning process can stops for some 1/10th of a second.

Make sure the interrupt-unmask flag is set for your hard drives; see "man
hdparm".  On many systems it is not the default (because it can, rarely,
be dangerous) but your system will effectively lock up for a fraction of a
second every time a large disk access occurs, if this flag is not set.
It's pretty much a necessity for activities like DVD burning.
--
Matthew Skala
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    Embrace and defend.