Thanks Pierre!

I've the pleasure of understanding in all my body!!

I'm using Cinelerra 2.0 CV (no idea of which SVN revision number).
It took me a while to get to the automation range, but at the end I got
there.
It was set to -1264.00 to 1392.00.

Now that I set it 0-100 everything in the video track is logical, clear,
obedient.
Fader range and keyframe line vertical range go toghether.

If I set the automation range to 0-200 the keyframe line vertical range
will cover 2 dark-bright cycle. Only the first one will be shown on the
fader.
What can be the use of settings that differ from 0-100?

The brightness cycles go from dark to correct brightness. Is it possible
to set it from dark to white (in order to fade out to white or get an
overexposed effect)?

When I launch Cinelerra, before importing my project, it shows the value
I last used. Is 0-100 the basic value, the default one?

Where can I learn more about wrap-around, colour range, colour gain?

I can see that for audio tracks things look less clear and logical.
But that's another chapter.

Many many thanks
Raffella