It's not a big problem for me to make Debian packages every week/month
or so, it's only a matter of one simple checkinstall command. The only
problem is that I don't have a place to host the packages.

Jure Cuhalev wrote:
In last few weeks a number of Ubuntu users asked when will I start providing updated Cinelerra 2.1 packages. The answer, sadly, is that I will not and that I can not. As such I invite anyone who wants to take this roll over to mail me and I'll add your website to my README.

Even though it is hard for me to make this decision it is logical and for the best. Reasons include the fact that I'm currently studying abroad and have only my iBook with me. Having a PowerPC platform effectively means that I can not even test packages I would build. The other reason is that for some months the Xen virtual machine I was using to build the packages is offline. It does not seem that it will be back online in near future. The last reason is that I will not be using Cinelerra while abroad so I would like to leave this task to someone who is more motivated to have up-to date packages available.

regards,
Jure Cuhalev

(please cc: or mail off-list since I don't read the list)