(Nicholas)
> Here's what's written in the HV "Secrets of Cinelerra" manual:
>
> The scaling equation in Preferences is ignored by OpenGL. OpenGL always
> uses linear scaling.
>
> Project and track sizes need to be multiples of 4 for OpenGL to work.
>
> To get the most acceleration, OpenGL-enabled effects must be placed
> after software-only effects. All rendering before the last software-only
> effect is done in software. The core Cinelerra operations like camera
> and projector are of course OpenGL.

I am unable to see the effect of this.  Possibly part of my problem is
that I have just upgraded to dual core and everything is faster.  I
could be seeing the (lack of) effect of a very low-end Open GL card on
very fast hardware.

Moving the sharpen effect (non openGL) from the top to bottom of the
effects chain I get no peformance change.

(Johannes Sixt)
> Gamma is only accelerated if 'Plot histogram' is off.

'Plot Histogram' does not seem to effect the playback speed for me.
Perhaps I am not getting OpenGL acceleration on gamma no matter what the
parameters.

Thanks Nicholas and Johannes