markus,

i think you would do good in paying attention to the display resolution.
professional setups often use two high-resolution monitors,
and macintosh offers monitors with many millions of pixels, for good reasons.

for editing you need to look at many windows at one time: the ressources;
both the compositor and the viewer need enough space to show video images;
and the timeline window alone can easily fill the screen...

the most widely used laptop standard of 1024x768 is definitely too low.
i have one with 1600x1200 and even that does not really feel sufficient.
for a smooth working process, high resolution is as important as cpu power.

georg

--
dr.k.g.hooss
schoepfung & wandel wissenschaftliche medienberatung