Hi,

2006/9/25, Johannes Sixt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Monday 25 September 2006 15:08, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With this SVN version, the windows are no more placed as they was in
> the past.
>
> - When I launch cinelerra, some are stacked, the ressources window is
> correctly placed.
> - If I use Window --> Défault Positions, I get the default positions as
> before but the size is slighly less than the screen. In fact, there is
> a border around each window.
> - The placement is not saved between sessions.
>
> I had not this behaviour with previous versions.

I cannot reproduce this with r901.

-- Hannes

To close this problem:

I normally run gnome (2.6.14 from debian sid). The default window
manager is metacity.
After some discussions with Pierre on the IRC, I've done several tests.
1 - I've change the window manager itself with sawfish which is told
to be gnome complant.
The problem persist with sawfish
2 - I got rid of the whole gnome desktop anf installed wmaker.
With it everything was fine.

After fooling around, I've found a key formetacity in the gconf registery :

"Workarounds for broken applications disabled. Some applications may not "
"behave properly."

And the details :
"Some applications break specifications in ways that result in window manager "
"misfeatures. For example, ideally Metacity would place all dialogs in a "
"consistent position with respect to their parent window. This requires "
"ignoring application-specified positions for dialogs. But some versions of "
"Java/Swing mark their popup menus as dialogs, so Metacity has to disable "
"dialog positioning to allow menus to work in broken Java applications. There "
"are several other examples like this. This option puts Metacity in full-on "
"Correct mode, which perhaps gives a moderately nicer UI if you don't need to "
"run any broken apps. Sadly, workarounds must be enabled by default; the real "
"world is an ugly place. Some of the workarounds are workarounds for "
"limitations in the specifications themselves, so sometimes a bug in no-"
"workarounds mode won't be fixable without amending a spec."

So I've set the key to enable the workaround and this way, it is fine.

I probably have done an upgrade that changed the value of this key.

Regards

Jean-Luc