Hi,

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 18:30, Andraž Tori wrote:
> > - request for adding this package to official repos: if we can get a
> > stable relase scheduling and people start using this packages we can
> > consider send a request to debian/ubuntu teams to get cinelerra in
> > their repos and gain popularity, users and world dominance.

Please read http://bugs.debian.org/331072 - cinelerra has legal and technical
problems, 1000 files from 3000 in the source code have no licence attached to
it. This can only be fixed by heroine virtual, as it's their code. Also
cinelerra includes copies of some libraries, instead of using the packaged
ones. This is a security nightmare to maintain.

Until these legal and technical issues are fixed, cinelerra will not become
part of Debian. Nor Ubuntu.

If this situation has been fixed by now, I would be very glad to hear and be
proven wrong.

> what might be more plausable is adding it to marillat repository, since
> it shares our values regarding what to include...

You mean you also don't give a **** about legal issues and just want stuff
that's works but cannot be distributed in most parts of the world? Or what?

I'm sorry to sound so harsh... but I brought this up two times already in the
last 2 months and nobody seems to care.

regards,
        Holger