Hi,

yesterday I worked on some DVD menus, where I placed  6 video tracks
with DVD-MPEG2
footage (arrangement of animated previews) on top of an animated background.
Except for some resource shortage there's no problem with playback, etc.

But when it comes to rendering, it only worked sporadically for some of
my compositions.
Most of the time cinelerra hangs or crashes during rendering regardless
which output format I chose.
Looking at the projects that worked and the ones which didn't doesn't
show any obvious difference.
Exactly the same arrangements, where I just swaped all the source material.
First, I thought the problem is related to a certain track or source
footage, but disabling an arbitrary track
helps most of the time.

Now, is there a limit in video tracks that can be used for compositions
in parallel ?
(I'm talking about 2 full-size background tracks and 6 partial preview
areas visible at the same time)

Are there known problems with MPEG2 source footage ?
Any other ideas ?

Would it be worth analyzing the XML project files for some "irregular"
stuff?

By the way, I'm talking about the latest debian packages as well as an
up-to-date SVN build
as of 3/12/06. No matter whether utilizing OpenGL or not.

Toby