On 2006-12-14, muzzol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> Why on earth would anybody design an error dialog window so
>>> that you can't copy/paste text from the error message?  Are
>>> the error messages secret and proprietary?
>>
>> Allowing text selection is quite difficult if the widget in
>> question doesn't provide that by default.  So it's reasonable
>> that someone wouldn't go to great lengths to *enable* cut and
>> paste if it doesn't seem like something users are likely to
>> need.

Anybody who wants useful bug reports should indeed go to great
lengths to make sure that it's easy to precisely report (e.g.
cut/paste) all error messages encountered by the user.

> what about echoing errors to stdout in addition to window? is that so
> dificult to implement?

That would have been quite useful as well.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  If I pull this SWITCH
                                  at               I'll be RITA HAYWORTH!! Or