Hi

I read Scott description. But I still remain in confusion.
I need good "magic line" for that converstion WITH interlacing.
Not cinelerra internal, could by e.g. ffmpeg -i source1080i.mpeg ....

Also i can't understand how to implement 16/9 on DVD - results
are random - on some players i got pan-scan, on another
players letterbox, and usually if there are 2 clips 4/3 and 16/9
then DVD does only one aspect to both. Has anybody experience in
dvdvauthoring? Is the 16/9:4/3 flag inside mpeg file or somwhere else?
How can i change this flag. With my all 4/3 dvdstyler was saying "unknown
aspect", how can i correct it?

I aimed on 16/9, interlaced, anamorphic PAL, 720x576.

The best

        Marcin