Isn't there anyone who are able to compile the Cinelerra CV version on
Fedora Core 5 x86_64?

I recently started at thread on this topic but it quickly turned a
Debian/Ubuntu thread. The compile issues on these distributions were
solved, but it didn't help me.

I'm using the following compiler:

# rpm -qa --qf="%{n}-%{v}-%{r}.%{arch}.rpm\n" gcc*
gcc-c++-4.1.1-1.fc5.x86_64.rpm
gcc-4.1.1-1.fc5.x86_64.rpm
gcc-gfortran-4.1.1-1.fc5.x86_64.rpm

After running 'autoreconf -i --force' I run './configure --enable-mmx
--without-pic'
which stops with:
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

Do I have a bogus compiler or do I need to run ./configure with some
other options?

Any hint from someone running FC5 x86_64 is very much appreciated.
If you can run ./configure successfully with the same (latest) version
of gcc the I would know that the problem lies somewhere else.

Here's a link to my previous post, where I have attached the config.log:
http://e.kevb.net/lurker/message/20070101.142248.95c0f99d.en.html

Please help me compile cinelerra. I would like to participate in the
project - probably by translating the manual first (a good way to get
to know the project, i think).

Thanks in advance.

- Helge