On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 Miha Kitič <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote.

> Dne 08.01.2007 (pon) ob 04:28 +0100 je Terje J. Hanssen zapisal(a):
>> 1) How does one load video files from the file system into to Viewer
>> window to play them?
>
> First load the clip,

Where and how, in which window? I.e. using the Program window's File >
Load File as I already tried, or?

> then go to resources and drag the clip to viewer or
> right-click it and select "View"

Does the loaded clip arise in the resource window after loading the file
as above?

> http://cvs.cinelerra.org/docs/cinelerra_cv_manual_en.html#SEC133
> for more details
>
>> 2) Regarding m2t the web site explained: These files are raw HDV files
>> in m2t format. Some NLE systems will allow you to drop m2t files
>> directly on the timeline; others won't.
>> Is cinelerra able to work with m2t files, or can they be converted first
>> with some tool?
>>

> I don't know if Cinelerra can handle this but maybe ffmpeg can.
> First make sure you have ffmpeg installed, then go to terminal and:
>
> ffmpeg -i yourClipName.m2t
>
> If ffmpeg can recognize it, then you should be able to convert it into
> something that Cinelerra can digest.

Yes, I did verify that I had ffmpeg installed. I'll try it later to-day.

Thanks,
Terje