Ok, don't use that yet! :)

The color interlacing is wrong, in my tests at least.

On 1/31/07, Dan Streetman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ok try the attached patch (i.e. apply and rebuild cinelerra) and then:

1) load HDV track (make sure track size matches HDV size, e.g. 1440x1080)
2) add "Frames to Fields" effect, disable "Double Fields to original height"
3) add "Translate" effect, use 0x0, 1440x1080 input; 360x126, 720x576 output
4) add "Fields to Frames" effect, disable "Fields Doubled to orginal height"

that will do all the resizing/scaling in the "field domain" i.e., it
will resize each field independently to really whatever size you want,
and recombine them to a new interlaced frame.  The numbers in the
translate example are what my quick calculations show for 1440x1080
HDV and normal PAL.  This should work just as well for NTSC but with
adjusted "Translate" Y numbers (i.e. 126->150 and 576->480).

I haven't tested it yet, have to stop for the night but I'll check it
tomorrow.  Let me know if it works for you.  I want to recheck the
field ordering for each effect, although I think at first check they
are right.  I also should "blank" out the unused half when not
doubling fields.

Thanks.