-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Craig Lawson
Sent: Monday, 12 March 2007 8:29 p.m.
To: cinelerra@skolelinux.no
Subject: Re: [CinCVS] Why OpenGL does not affect rendering, It just
accelerates playback?

The graphics processor on the video card is not designed to send
rendered output back to the main processor. OpenGL instructions come in
one end, and rendered output goes out the other end ... to the monitor.

It's unfortunate we can't intercept this data. Solid modelers such as
Blender could probably use it, too. Maybe someday there will be enough
market demand for the hardware to change.

Craig.

Leigh Wanstead wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I read this url.