On 2007-03-16 03:05, Mark Fowler wrote:
> Many thanks in advance. I'm pretty new to Linux and 1 month new to
> Cinelerra CV. For the last month I've had Cinelerra CV installed and
> functioning perfectly. Rendering, loading, capturing,
> compositing....everything. Over the past week I did a clean install of
> Linux to fix some sound card issues and all was well. Then when I
> reinstalled Cinelerra and tried to do any rendering in ANY formats,
> Cinelerra just does nothing. Everything seems to be working properly
> except the rendering. When I invoke Cinelerra from a command prompt
> this is what is generated:
>

> Cinelerra 2.1CV (C) 2006 Heroine Virtual Ltd.
> Compiled on Wed Mar 14 21:07:15 EDT 2007
>
> Cinelerra is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
> and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
>
> certain conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for Cinelerra.
> Render::run 1
> Render::run 2
> Render::run 3
> Render::run 4
> Render::run 5
> Render::run 6
> Render::run 7
> Render::run 8
> Render::run
> 8.1
> Render::run 8.2
> Render::run 8.3
> Render::run 9
> Render::run 10
> Render::run 11
> Render::run 12
> Render::run 100
>
> But
> the file never appears, Cinelerra appears to just be doing nothing on
> the front end and when I monitor System resources, nothing is going on
> in the backend. I haven't been able to find too many users with this
> problem so I'm wondering if I'm missing something obvious. Anybody know
> what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing?

But it's not locked up, is it?  Just never renders?

Have you checked all the render settings again, as well as the render
region you are trying to use for output?  It's easy to forget to
re-enter the render video codec settings on a new install, as they are
remembered on your normal setup and you don't need to change them if you
use the same codec all the time.  (Look under the little wrench on the
render dialog.)

What distro?  Did you build Cin or install from someone's repo?

--
Kevin