Hi all
It is more a general matter than specific to cinelerra. But if someone
has the same situation it may be useful.
Here I am transferring Super8 movies using a 422 8 bit camera, I end up
with raw files with no gamma correction.
Sometimes movies are turning dark with age (chemical instability or just
plain underexposure).
Now my question would be :

In order to bright the frames up, I use the following plugins in this
order : gamma, Hue, color, bright / contrast, eventually videoscope to
control.
I sometimes use the histogram but it tends to flatten out some
colours... I need to learn more about this one

Is there any suggestion as per the order of the plugins I am using (e.g.
would it be better to do the gamma at then end rather than the beginning
etc ....)
Thanks a lot

Edouard