Thanks Mark!
I subsequently changed the color and slapped the rotator in the corner
of another video I had in my library..kind of like TV station
identification logos.  I'll need to bring it out more with some other
effect, but the initial experiment looked decent:
http://content.serveftp.net/video/rotateoverlaysm.m2v
3.7MB