On 2007-04-26 20:05, Dennis Schulmeister wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Let me introduce myself. My name is Dennis Schulmeister and having just
> recently migrated from Windows XP I'm relatively new to the wonderful
> world of Linux multimedia. Though I'm not new to Linux per se I never
> used it for multimedia until recently.
>
> Of course I'm very eager to try out cinelerra. I was able to install it
> from the Ubuntu edgy packages but performance was very low. Mainly
> because the pre-build packages seem to come with only little
> compile-time optimizations.
>
> So I checked out the current svn version and ran the usual commands:
>
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure --target=athlon

Hi,

Have you tried without --target=athlon ?  I've never used this flag for
configure (but I do pass it to rpmbuild) on my Athlon builds (SUSE 9.2 &
9.0) and I've been able to build ok.

For optimization, I use the following on Athlon:

CFLAGS="-O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-all-loops
-falign-loops=2 -falign-jumps=2 -falign-functions=2 -ffast-math
-march=athlon -mfpmath=sse,387 -mmmx -msse -m3dnow"

You should be able to set that on a line in front of your make.  I use
it in front of my rpmbuild commands.

--
Kevin