yes i found the 1394 driver options in the preferences,
but switching to them did not change my display,
and the tv screen remained blue, without reaction.

also, the transport buttons are no problem,
but those "camera" "projector" "mask" etc. controls
don't show up elsewhere than in the compositor window.

so, still confused... thanks anyhow.
georg