Hi,

I'm producing some 5-minute instructional vids.

For source, I'm using 320x240 quicktime files.

Target is PAL DVD, 720x576

I've zoomed the projector to enlarge 320x240 to 720x576. This cuts out a
bit of frame to the left and right, but that's ok.

For rendering, I'm using the recipe for Cinerella DVD rendering as
described at
http://crazedmuleproductions.blogspot.com/2007/06/beginners-guide-to-exporting-video-from.html#dvd

It works well, but the video rendering takes 30 minutes on my box.

I've tried rendering out at same size, it's much quicker but it looks
much worse when mastered for DVD. Seems Cinelerra does a much better job
of rescaling than external tools.

My question is - is there any way to speed up the video rendering
process?

Also, is there an alternative approach to rendering which eliminates the
need to do 2 lots of MPEG encoding?

Cheers
David