On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 14:55 -0400, Aaron Newcomb wrote:
> Hi David. Just wondering if you provide a few more details? What kind
> of camera is this? Are you capturing to media (tape,DVD,film) or right
> to the computer? If you are capturing on the computer how are you
> doing that (dvgrab, cinelerra, etc)? Can you post a short version of
> your footage somewhere so we can see what you are talking about? I am
> sure Cinelerra can compensate somehow for this, but it would be easier
> to tell you how if we could see the problem.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for reply.

The camera is a Protax DV4 - some cheap chinese thing doing the rounds
of the auction sites.

It captures to SD card.
According to Cin's clip info:
  Container format is AVI
  Video format is JPEG Photo, 640x480 at 13.54 fps
  Audio format is 1 channel, 8k samples/sec, 8-bit linear

Clip transfers onto PC via USB - camera acts as USB mass storage device.

I'm pretty sure the problem is with the camera, because when I play the
raw footage in mplayer, the lag is present.

The raw footage is pretty rough, a tad embarrassing and something I
don't want to share publicly (since I'm still learning to film myself),
but if you're willing to help and can mail me off-list, I'll put it up
somewhere.

Cheers
David