http://www.linuxfund.org
"LinuxFund is looking for a few more good projects to fund.

Our criteria is pretty simple at this point: Open Source and used by thousands of people.

Take a look at the projects we're currently funding and if you have a candidate please send the nomination to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Please include contact information and in 200 words or so, tell us why you think this is a great candidate for us to support."

I'm not sure the likelihood that cinelerra (or cinelerra 3 ??) would get some funding. Or how such money would be spent. But that application process sounds pretty easy. I have applied for grants before and I have never heard of it being that easy.

Past projects they funded which have a passing resemblance to cinelerra were: Jahshaka, Film gimp, and Simple DirectMedia Layer. Blender received money last year

I was wondering whether libcinelerra might be a project worth seeking funding for - or for the entire (proposed) cinelerra3 project. Or money for Adam. Or money for someone to tackle the backlog of bugs.

I think of those 3 graces libcinelerra might have the necessary sex appeal (does it for me!). Would it be better for it to have an explanatory name as in *Simple DirectMedia Layer *project? The marketing dogma these days recommends names that describe... That's a tangent anyway - but the api could have a new name and the NLE built on top could still be cinelerra.

Anyway off that tangent and back to the funding: Does anyone else think this is worth following up?

Graham E