What would be ideal from an old school analog tape editor like myself would
be a  Resources> Video Effect "Gen Lock" really a pseudo genlock. Pulling
over  "GenLock" would effect all armed video tracks. Right click on effect
shows a list of armed video tracks (cam a & b) Here you can enter the slate
or sync mark by selecting it on the time line. Select sync for each camera.
Track(s) is automagicly pulled back or forth  with a 1 second preroll. On
the "Gen Lock" widget is  a button marked "Preview" and a button marked
"Take" for each armed video track. Clicking "Preview" sends that track to
the  Viewer window, Clicking on "Take" sends that track to the timeline. Now
you can add effects transitions on your cuts.  Select the master in and out
points and "Write to Clip" or render . Widget would look like this:

TRACKS     -    SYNC  IN   -    SET SYNC    -   PREVIEW    -     TAKE
Video1        -   XX:XX:123    -      button1      -    button2         -
button3
Video2        -   XX:XX:254    -      button4      -    button5         -
button6
Video3        -   XX:XX:420    -      button7      -    button8         -
button9
-----button10 = Write to Clip" ( or use "Write to Clip" on timeline or
viewer)

I'll throw a 100.00 (usd) bounty on it if someones interested. (What's the
proper channel for bounties.)
Kind Regards
Daniel