IL'dar AKHmetgaleev wrote:
На Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:21:51 -0300
flavio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> записано:

I'm trying to do a 5.1 movie here, but it seems cin is not reading
alsa correctly. I tested it both on debian and ubuntu builds, and
most probably it seems like it's an alsa issue (since puredata does't
seem to recognize the soundblaster card with alsa, only uses oss), so
I'm writing just to see if anyone has had any similar problem or has
done 5.1 videos without problems.

But this seems very odd, because things worked on the previous debian
and alsaconf doesn't report any errors... Also, sound comes from all
6 boxes and alsamixer recognizes the card as to increase volume,
etc... I feel a bit lost here, any hints?

I have same problem. Cinelerra can work only with default alsa device.
Even when I put "surround40" to device string it's sends sound to
default device.

I think the best way to get flexible sound is jack-audio-connection-kit
especially with jack's transporter support
I dug around a bit in the code, the problem is Cinelerra scans alsa devices starting at hw:0 and going up until a device can't be opened. From that information it builds a list of alsa devices which you can select in the preferences. When audio playback starts, Cinelerra cross-references the selected audio device with the existing audio devices so it knows which device to open, hw:1,0 for example. If the device in the dropdown box in the preferences window doesn't exist in the list, Cinelerra selects the default alsa device.

It's an easy fix though, in audioalsa.C replace the line:

err = snd_pcm_open(&dsp_in, pcm_name, stream, open_mode);

with:

err = snd_pcm_open(&dsp_in, device->in_config->alsa_in_device, stream, open_mode);

and replace the line:

err = snd_pcm_open(&dsp_out, pcm_name, stream, open_mode);

with:

err = snd_pcm_open(&dsp_out, device->out_config->alsa_out_device, stream, open_mode);

Now it opens the alsa device with the name you enter in the dropdown box.
However, I have no idea if this will make surround sound work.

Greetings,

Bob van Loosen