Thanks!

It gave me hope that I finally would be able to compile the CV Cinelerra,
since I have just installed Ubuntu Gutsy. Then I was disappointed, got hope,
got disappointed again, and finally luckily surprised:

1. You don't describe that you first have to (nor how to) generate the
'configure' script.
>From the manual I got the 'autoreconf -i --force' command, and a bit of
trial-and-error revealed that:

2. The packages gettext and cvs are needed to be able to run autoreconf.
Please add these to your list of packages.

3. After being able to generate the configure script, running it and
executing 'make' and 'make install', my first go at running cinelerra was
disappointing:
<user>@<hostname>:~/hvirtual$ cinelerra
cinelerra: error while loading shared libraries: libquicktimehv-1.6.0.so.1:
<user>@<hostname>:~/hvirtual$

4. However, after having installed a few other packages (certainly none that
would install libquicktimehv-1.6.0.so.1, I just wanted to repeat the error
message before writing this mail, but now cinelerra run without without
errors or warnings! I have no idea why, but I'm happy!

I just wanted to share my findings.