Johannes Sixt wrote:
Are these available from a git repo, eg. from CT's mob repo? (http://www.pipapo.org/gitweb/cinelerra/mob)

Also, please don't publish a patch series that contains fixup patches, like the last one where you say that you decide to reshuffle the .gitignore entries to sub-directories. Why don't you put them there in the first place?
Because I didn't realise it would be a good thing to do until after I had put them elsewhere.
That's exactly the power of git: that you can clean up your history before you publish it.

Surely there are only two basic strategies though: one either submits the commits as they occurred, or else just submits the whole thing as a big diff.

I haven't submitted the commits to the mob repo, although they can be obtained from:
   git://luncarty.me.uk/git/git-svn
branch
   gitify

Alternatively: